ORDINANCE NO. 9-87
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLEFONTE, KENTUCKY CONCERNING SANITATION
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE CITY OF BELLEFONTE, KENTUCKY:
- All persons producing garbage and refuse shall deposit all garbage and refuse in metal or plastic containers. All containers for garbage shall have tight fitting lids. All garbage or refuse containers shall be placed on the residence property at a convenient place for pick up and disposal purposes. Refuse containers shall be made of durable, water-tight, rust-resistant material having a close fitting lid and handles to facilitate collection .
- It shall be unlawful to place or allow to accumulate refuse in any street, alley, stream, body of water or any other public place. It shall be unlawful to place or allow to accumulate refuse upon private property, whether owned or not, unless such refuse is placed in an approved container.
- Any person violating any of the provisions of this ordinance shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof in a court of competent jurisdiction, shall be fined not less than Ten Dollars ($10.00) nor more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) for each violation committed, each day's continuance of a violation constituting a separate offense, or imprisoned for not more than thirty ( 30 ) days, or both so fined and imprisoned, within the discretion of the judge or jury. In addition to the foregoing, the City, any property owner or any resident citizen aggrieved may proceed in the Circuit Court in and for Greenup County, Commonwealth of Kentucky, by way of injunction, to enforce the discontinuance of such violation or any situation or condition which may have been brought about or exist by reason of such violation of this ordinance and may, in addition to such injunctive relief, be awarded both compensatory and punitive damages for such violation.
- All ordinances, parts of ordinances and amendments thereto in conflict herewith heretofore adopted by the Board of Commissioners of the City are hereby expressly repealed.
- This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage, approval and publication, as required by law.