ORDINANCE NO. 7-87
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLEFONTE,
KENTUCKY CONCERNING SOLICITING
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE CITY OF BELLEFONTE KENTUCKY:
- A permit shall be required by any solicitors within the City to be issued by the City Clerk upon the payment of a $2.00 registration fee.
- Any permit issued hereunder shall not exceed one (1) year in duration. The City Clerk or other responsible officer of the City shall be provided with such identification and other information about the solicitors and solicitation as he or she in their discretion reasonably request, both prior to the issuance of a permit and during the solicitation. Such permit will not be issued or will be revoked if such solicitors or solicitation is adjudged by the City Clerk or other responsible officer of the City to constitute an annoyance or nuisance to a reasonable person.
- Any person violating any of the provisions of this ordinance shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof in a court of competent jurisdiction, shall be fined not less than Ten Dollars ($10.00) nor more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) for each violation committed, each day's continuance of a violation constituting a separate offense, or imprisoned for not more than thirty ( 30) days, or both so fined and imprisoned, within the discretion of the judge or jury. In addition to the foregoing, the City, any property owner or any resident citizen aggrieved may proceed in the Circuit Court in and for Greenup County, Commonwealth of Kentucky, by way of injunction, to enforce the discontinuance of such violation or any situation or condition which may have been brought about or exist by reason of such violation of this ordinance and may, in addition to such injunctive relief, be awarded both compensatory and punitive damages for such violation.
- All ordinances, parts of ordinances and amendments thereto in conflict herewith heretofore adopted by the Board of Commissioners of the City are hereby expressly repealed.
- This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage, approval and publication, as required by law.
- Each section and each sentence of this ordinance is enacted separately and the invalidity or unconstitutionality of any one particular sentence and/or section shall not affect the validity and/or constitutionality of any other sentence and/or section.